- General – If more or less space than contracted is used within one year from date of first insertion, the rate will be adjusted to the earned rate published here. Advertiser will be short-rated at the prevailing frequency rate if they have not completed the terms of their contracted frequency rate within 12 months of first insertion order.
- Positioning – Regular full page advertising are run-of-the-house positioning. If a special placement is requested such as facing editorial, there is a $500 premium.
- Payment Terms – Terms of payment are Net 30 days on approved credit. Late payments will incur an interest charge of 1.5% per month, compounded monthly, if received after the payment due date.
- Agency Commission – 15% to recognized agencies. Publisher will hold Agency and Advertiser jointly responsible for payment.
Ad Materials: All ad materials should be supplied in one of the following digital file formats accompanied by a hardcopy color proof. Ad materials other than acceptable digital files can incur additional charges (see Production Charges).
- Acceptable Digital Files: Adobe Acrobat PDF/X1a. Flattened CMYK TIFF or EPS files, 300 dpi at actual size are also acceptable. Other file types accepted are Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop. Please do not submit files created in word-processing programs, MS PowerPoint, MS Publisher, etc. Production charges will be incurred if files do not meet these acceptable digital file guidelines.
- Graphic/Imaging Formats: All graphic elements should be imported from drawing or imaging applications. The following drawing programs are supported: Illustrator, Freehand, Photoshop, and CorelDraw. For best results, graphics should be saved as TIFF, JPEG or EPS files. Do not use GIF, PNG or Pict files. Images should be placed at 100% of size in final document, converted to CMYK, and saved as PDF/X1a.
- Storage Media: Files may be submitted using the following media: Email or FTP. When submitting your electronic files, clearly label the media with the magazine issue date, Advertiser’s and Agency’s complete contact details, list of contents and file name/number. Files sent through electronic channels must be compressed. Files less than 10 MB may be e-mailed.
Publisher’s Copy Protective Clause
- Advertisers are liable for all content of advertisements printed and for any claims made against The
Maritime Executive. The Publisher reserves the right to reject any advertising that does not conform
to the publication’s standards.
- In the event that no acceptable copy is furnished, Publisher reserves the right to repeat latest
advertisement for scheduled space.
- With the exception of premium positions, contracts may be terminated by either party on 30 days
notice before closing date.
- In the event of non-payment of invoices, the Publisher may terminate the contract without notice.
- Contracts for covers and special positions are non-cancelable, except for non-payment of invoices at
- Advertising materials not requested by Advertiser within one year will be destroyed unless instructions are sent in writing to Publisher.
Cancellation: Cancellations accepted with written notice if received 30 days prior to issue closing. Cancellations received less than 30 days prior to publication will be billed at the full rate.
Production: Materials for ad creation will not be accepted after Material Due Date. All camera-ready ads needing color conversion or other changes are subject to a $50 production fee. Advertisers may not make design changes to ads after Material Due Date. Ad placement is at the sole discretion of the publisher and any special placements are not guaranteed.
Client Responsibility: Advertisers may not cancel orders after Ad Close Date. All ads will be deemed acceptable as submitted unless Publisher receives written notice of required changes. All advertisements are accepted and published as represented by the advertiser or agency, who are authorized to grant the right to publish the entire contents including art and photos. Advertiser hereby indemnifies Publisher against any claims relating to unauthorized use of content or art. All materials supplied by the advertiser or agency must meet the requirements for printing as described in our Advertising Specification sheet.
Terms: In the event any invoice is not paid within 30-days, all invoices outstanding and unpaid and charges shall become due and payable, immediately, and the agency commission will be negated as unearned. Payments received 30 days after publication will be assessed a 1.5% monthly finance charge.
Payment Terms: Payment terms are net 30 days from date of invoice. Advertiser or agency must pay any and all reasonable attorney fees if it becomes necessary to place any claims or funds with an attorney or collections agency.
Copy Restrictions: Publisher reserves the right, at its absolute discretion and at any time, to reject advertising materials. Advertisements that simulate editorial content must be clearly labeled ADVERTISEMENT.
Copy Responsibility: Advertisers are solely responsible for the content of their advertisements placed and printed. Publisher accepts no responsibility for typographical errors.